Have you ordered pizza from Domino’s? Whether you are throwing a pizza party or craving pizza, we all prefer to order from Domino’s. But, what if you want to cancel your order for some reason?
Can you actually cancel your order from Domino’s and get a refund?
The straight answer is ‘yes’. You can cancel Domino’s orders but you’ve to consider some important things before cancelling.
- Things to consider before canceling Domino’s orders
- How to cancel Domino’s orders
- FAQ: canceling Domino’s orders
Things to consider before canceling Domino’s orders
There can be various reasons why you might want to cancel your Domino’s order. Maybe your plans changed and you won’t be willing to enjoy the pizza as originally intended. It could be that you found a better deal or alternative dining option. Whatever the reason, Domino’s allows you to cancel the orders but it must be under the policy.
Domino’s order cancellation policy
Domino’s cancellation policy allows you to cancel your order without any penalties within a certain time frame. It is important to note that once your order is in the preparation or delivery stage, cancellation may not be possible, especially with a refund. Therefore, it is always best to cancel orders as early as possible to avoid any complications.
How to cancel Domino’s orders
There are three methods to cancel an order from Domino’s — app, website, and call. No matter how you placed the pizza orders, the process to cancel is the same.
Here we’ve got you covered with the step-by-step guide on canceling Domino’s in different ways.
Method 1: Cancel Domino’s orders from the website
To cancel Domino’s orders from the official website, follow the steps below:
- Open your web browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc on your device.
- Visit Domino’s website or type ‘pizzaonline.dominos.co.in‘.
- Click on ‘Login‘ from the top right corner.
- Login using your mobile number and OTP.
- Once logged in, click on the profile from the top right corner and select ‘My Orders‘.
- Find and select the specific order you want to cancel.
- Now from the sidebar, you’ll see a ‘Chat with us‘ option along with order details, click on it.
- Type ‘Cancel my order‘ in the chatbox and select your order from the appearing list.
After confirming the cancellation, your order will be canceled from Domino’s, and any prepaid amount will be refunded within 24 hours to your original payment method.
Method 2: Cancel Domino’s order via app
Follow the steps below to cancel an order from Domino’s via the official app:
- Open the Domino’s Pizza app on your smartphone.
- Login via mobile number and OTP.
- Tap on the profile icon from the top right corner.
- Go to ‘Order History‘ from the menu options.
- Select the order that you want to cancel.
- Next, tap on ‘Help‘ from the top right corner.
- Now, type ‘Cancel My Order‘.
- Select the order and confirm cancellation.
At last, your order will proceed to be canceled. Once the cancellation is done, your account will be credited with a refund of your order amount.
Method 3: Cancel Domino’s order via customer care call
To cancel your Domino’s order via customer care, follow the below steps:
- Make a phone call to ‘18002081234‘.
- Ask the customer care executive to cancel your order.
- If asked, confirm your account by providing your registered mobile number and username.
- Confirm the order number you want to cancel. The executive may now inquire as to the reason for the cancellation. You may provide logical reasons to receive a full refund.
- Explain that “you ordered the wrong items and will order different items later.”
- Finally, the customer service representative will ensure that you receive a refund within 24 hours.
Your Domino’s order has now been canceled, and you can confirm this by checking the Domino’s app or website.
FAQ: canceling Domino’s orders
What is the time limit for canceling a Domino's order?
The time limit for canceling a Domino's order is 30 minutes until the preparation or delivery stage. After that, you may not be able to cancel or get a refund.
Can I cancel my Domino's order after it has been prepared?
No, you cannot cancel your Domino's order after it has been prepared. If somehow you manage to cancel the order, you won't get refund.
Will I receive a refund if I cancel my Domino's order?
Yes, you can receive a refund if you cancel your Domino's order within the allowed time frame. Once the time is exceeded, you won't be able to cancel or get refund.
Can I modify my Domino's order instead of canceling it?
Yes, you can modify your Domino's order instead of canceling it by contacting the Domino's outlet or customer service. Just make sure to modify it before the current items is being prepared.
Why can't i cancel my dominos order?
If you are unable to cancel your Domino's order, it might be possible that the ordered items have been prepared or out for delivery. Once the food is prepared, you cannot cancel orders in Domino's.
Chandramohan is a tech geek who enjoys writing about the Internet of Things, social media, and emerging technologies. He is an MCA student at GG University in Chhattisgarh with a strong foundation in computer science.