Google Play Store is much more than just an app store where you can instal and uninstall apps. If you go to your Google account, you’ll notice a section titled Google Play balance that seems like a digital wallet.
So, what exactly is a Google Play balance and how can you use them? Let’s get right to it.
What is Google Play balance?
Google Play Balance is a store credit that can be used to purchase apps, movies, games, music, and books from the Google Play Store. It is the easiest and safest way to make in-app purchases and buying apps. In contrast to debit and credit cards, Google introduced the play balance to make hassle-free store purchases without extra charges.
One can add Play Balance to a Google account through various methods, such as redeeming gift cards, or by using a credit or debit card. The Play balance can be used for any purchases on the Google Play Store, and any unused balance will remain in the account for future purchases.
Where can you use the Google Play balance?
Google Play Balance can be used to make purchases on the Google Play Store. The balance can also be used to make in-app purchases within apps and games.
Here are the total ways Google Play balance can be used in:
- In-app purchases: It can be used for subscriptions for apps and services, such as YouTube Music, YouTube Premium, and Google One.
- Apps and Games: There are a lot of premium apps and games available on Google Play Store such as GTA, Minecraft, FL Studio, Quick Heal, etc. These apps can be purchased using the Play Balance.
- Books: You can purchase or rent a book available on Play Books by using the play balance.
- Movies: It can be used for buying or renting movies to watch on Google TV which is a newly launched app by Google.
- Music: Google Play Music had a lot of premium music collection which can be bought using the play balance. However, the service is discontinued by Google in 2020.
How to use Google Play balance
To use your Google Play balance to buy apps and games, first make sure you have a Google Account with enough Play credit. Here are the steps to use your balance to make purchases on the Google Play Store:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for the item you want to purchase, such as an app, game, or book.
- Once found, tap to open.
- You will now see the price with a buy option. Simply tap the “Buy” button.
- Select “Google Play Balance” as your payment method.
- Tap “Buy” again.
The item has now been purchased and is ready for installation or play on your device. If your balance is insufficient to complete the purchase, you will be prompted to add balance or enter a different payment method.
To install or view a purchased app, game, or book on another device, simply sign in to the Google Account from which you purchased the app and access it again.
FAQ: Google Play Balance
Does Google Play balance expire?
No, the Google Play balance does not expire. The balance will remain in your Google account until you use it to make a purchase.
What is Google Play credit?
Google Play credit are the credit points that can be used to buy items on the Google Play store, such as apps, games, movies, and books.
Can I use my Google Play Balance to make in-app purchases?
Yes, you can use your Google Play Balance to make in-app purchases within apps and games downloaded from Google Play store.
Can I transfer my Google Play Balance to another account?
No, you cannot transfer Google Play Balance to another account.
Why Google Play balance is showing unavailable?
If your Google Play balance is showing as unavailable when purchasing an item on the Play Store, you probably don't have enough credits or have selected the wrong Google Account.
Which apps accept Google Play balance?
All apps available on the Google Play Store accept Google Play balance payments. You can use your Google Play balance to make purchases on the Google Play store as long as you have enough credit.
Chandramohan Rajput also known as CM is a content writer and video creator at Digital Bachat covering the latest technology and the Internet of Things. He is passionate about sharing internet and social media app stuff as well as assisting with detailed how-to guides.