Jio has been the fastest 4G internet connection since its launch in 2016. But over time, the popular 4G network in India, Jio 4G has been seen to be providing slower internet speed these days.
If you are a Jio 4G user, you probably know how fast the Jio internet speed was initially. But, nowadays, you might have seen people often complaining about how they are getting slow internet speed on their Jio 4G network.
However, did you know you can speed up your Jio 4G internet speed easily? Keep reading as we’ve prepared a step-by-step guide on how to increase internet speed in Jio 4G in 2024. We will also look at some tips and tricks to speed up Jio 4G internet.
How to increase internet speed in Jio 4G in 2024
There are many ways to increase Jio’s internet speed, but we’ve highlighted some of the best methods that will help you increase your Jio speed on your phone. The methods listed below will not dramatically increase your Jio 4G internet speed, but they will surely provide an instant boost. With that said, let’s get right into the methods.
Method 1: Change APN settings
For any network, APN has the most important role, if any of these values change, the phone’s network also gets changes. Therefore, it is necessary for APN settings to have the correct values, because the speed of the Jio can also be increased by having the correct values.
Follow the steps below to increase your Jio 4G internet speed by changing APN settings:
- Go to “Settings” on your smartphone.
- Head to the “Mobile networks“.
- Tap on “Access Point Names” and tap on “Jio 4G“.
- Now change the APN values as mentioned below and tap “Save“.
|857 or 863 or 874
|APN Roaming Protocol
After updating these APN settings, your Jio 4G internet speed will be increased instantly on your device. You can check your internet speed to confirm the speed changes.
Method 2: Set the 4G network to Band 40
A smartphone usually comes with multiple network bands installed on it. Now, when your phone is being connected to a network, it chooses the band based on how near or far you are from the tower. But, what works best for high internet speed is the Band 40.
You can set your Jio 4G network specifically to Band 40. This way, you’ll get the best internet speed on your Jio 4G network.
Here are the steps to follow to increase Jio 4G internet speed by setting the 4G network to Band 40:
- Install the Network Signal Guru on your smartphone from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and grant it the required system permissions.
- The app will then ask for root access. (You have to root your phone otherwise it won’t work)
- When the app is launched, press the three-dot menu button on the top-right corner side.
- Tap on the “Lock RAT” and select the “LTE” option from the available options.
- Tap on the three-dot menu button and select the “Lock Bands” and “LTE” after it.
- On the main dashboard, uncheck all of the bands and check only “B3” and “B40” and hit “OK”
That’s it, you’ll now start seeing the increased internet speed on your Jio 4G network right away.
Method 3: Use Internet Booster Apps
One of the easiest ways to increase internet speed is using the internet booster apps. You can use apps like Net Optimizer, Connection Stabilizer, etc. to boost your Jio 4G internet speed on your phone.
To increase your Jio 4G net speed, follow the steps below:
- Install the “Net Optimizer: Optimize Ping” app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
- Choose the ‘Rooted‘ or ‘Non-Rooted‘ options according to your smartphone.
- Tap on “Activate” and minimize the app and leave it running in background.
After following the above steps correctly, you’ll start noticing that your internet speed on your Jio 4G network will be increased instantly.
Method 4: Increase Jio 4G net speed using LTE network only
The mobile network on most smartphones usually set to 4G/3G/2G (Auto) mode. This makes Jio 4G, sometimes, get disconnected due to switching to 3G or 2G mode automatically in the absence of proper 4G network.
To fix it and get the highest internet speed on your Jio 4G connection, you can set the network mode to ‘LTE’ only. Here are the steps to follow to increase Jio 4G net speed using the LTE network only via USSD code:
- Dial “*#*#4636#*#*” on your phone. This will open a new window with a lot of system options.
- Select the “phone information” option.
- Next, select the “Set preferred network type” option
- Now, select the “4G/3G/2G (Auto)” option to “LTE only”.
Done. This will aid on your Jio 4G internet speed up process by making sure it’s connected to the 4G only forever.
So that’s how to increase the internet speed of Jio, hope this article helped you to increase your internet speed in Jio. So stay tuned with us for more such guides.
Chandramohan is a tech geek who enjoys writing about the Internet of Things, social media, and emerging technologies. He is an MCA student at GG University in Chhattisgarh with a strong foundation in computer science.