Jio launched its 5G service, also known as true 5G, earlier this year. At first, the 5th generation mobile network was only available to limited cities, mainly tier-1 cities. But now, Jio 5G has deployed to over 6200 cities covering almost every major location in India.
The true Jio 5G service grants access to unlimited 5G internet to its users for free. Jio users can activate the 5G network on their phone and enjoy unlimited 5G data at higher speed (up to GB/second) for absolutely free of cost.
But the problem is that most Jio users are unaware of the unlimited 5G offer, even if they have 5G phones. They don’t know the way to get this unlimited 5G internet in Jio. Maybe you too are one of them.
Are you unable to activate unlimited 5G in Jio?
Don’t worry, here we have got you a step-by-step guide on how to activate the unlimited 5G in Jio. We’ve covered every aspect of how you can activate unlimited 5G in Jio from your Android and iPhone.
Requirement for activating Jio 5G
To activate unlimited 5G in Jio, you’ll require a 5G-enabled smartphone and a 5G network in your city. You can check whether your city has JioTrue 5G coverage or not using the official MyJio app and website.
How to activate unlimited Jio 5G on Android?
Once you have the Jio 5G network in your area, you just will need to change the network to 5G mode and the JioTrue 5G will be activated on your Android phone.
Follow the steps below to activate the unlimited 5G in Jio on Android:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android phone.
- Go to “Mobile Network” under the connections. If you don’t see such an option, find it from anywhere according to your phone settings.
- Select your Jio SIM.
- Tap “Preferred Network Type“.
- Select “5G only” or “5G/4G/3G/2G (Auto)” mode. This will set 5G as your preferred network type.
Now once you start getting a 5G network, the unlimited 5G in Jio will be activated on your Android phone and you’ll be able to use the truly unlimited 5G data on your Jio number for free.
Still, if you are somehow unable to use unlimited Jio 5G, follow these next steps after the above steps:
- Now open the “MyJio app” on your smartphone.
- Tap on the “Jio Welcome Offer” banner of True5G.
- Wait for a few minutes for the compatibility test.
- Once completed, your Jio True 5G will be activated.
How to activate unlimited 5G in Jio on iPhone?
Once you’ve inserted your Jio SIM on your iPhone, follow the steps below to activate the unlimited 5G in Jio:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to “Mobile Data“.
- Tap on “Voice Data“.
- Select “5G On” or “5G Auto“.
- Now the unlimited Jio5G will be activated.
If you are still unable to use unlimited Jio 5G, simply follow the steps outlined in the Android method mentioned above using the MyJio app.
How to activate unlimited Jio 5G via phone’s dialer
- Open the dialer app on your smartphone.
- Dial ” *#*#4636#*#* “. This will open the hidden ‘Phone info’ page.
- Tap on the “Set preferred network type” drop-down menu.
- Select “NR only” or “NR/ LTE“.
Now your phone’s network mode will be changed to 5G and your Jio 5G will be activated with free unlimited internet.
As a Jio user, you have the opportunity to access unlimited 5G internet on your smartphone for free. However, this offer is only available to users who have an active plan that costs Rs 239 or more. Once Jio True 5G service is available in your area, you can easily activate the unlimited 5G by following the methods provided earlier.
Chandramohan is a tech geek who enjoys writing about the Internet of Things, social media, and emerging technologies. He is an MCA student at GG University in Chhattisgarh with a strong foundation in computer science.