WhatsApp’s Status feature is a great way to share quick updates, photos, and videos with friends and family. Apart from daily activities, people enjoy sharing funny and interesting video clips and photos as status updates.
But what if you want to download WhatsApp status you really like for later?
Sometimes we like the WhatsApp statuses of our contact friends and wish to download and put them on our own WhatsApp status.
For that, we ask them to send us personally, which is a little hesitant, especially when there’s a chance they won’t send. But did you know that you can download someone’s WhatsApp status on your smartphone.
In fact, you can download WhatsApp status without letting anyone know and then surprise them by adding it to your own WhatsApp status.
In this blog post, we’ll look at different ways of downloading WhatsApp Status in just a few easy steps.
Ways to download WhatsApp Status
There are two ways to download a WhatsApp photo or video status:
- Via file manager
- Via third-party apps
1. How to download WhatsApp Status via file manager
When we view someone’s WhatsApp status, whether it’s a video or photo, it’s always saved in your phone’s storage and then appears on WhatsApp. This means that the WhatsApp statuses you see have already been downloaded to your phone; all you have to do now is find them and share them as your WhatsApp status.
Note: You’ll need a file manager that allows you to navigate to hidden folders, such as Google Files or ES Explorer.
Here are the steps to download your WhatsApp status photo or video using the file manager:
- View the WhatsApp status completely that you want to save or download to your device.
- Open the file manager app on your phone.
- Go to Settings of your file manager.
- Enable “Show Hidden Files“.
- Now Navigate to the folder – Internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses
- Simply copy the status photo or video which you want to save.
- Paste them into a different folder.
Now the copied WhatsApp status videos and photos will be saved in your device’s gallery and now you will be able to put them to your WhatsApp status directly.
Also, it will be start showing up in your gallery and you can rename them to clear the default messy video or image title.
We highly recommend you use Google Files as it is safest and easier to use compared to other file managing apps.
2. How to download WhatsApp status via apps
There are a lot of third-party apps that let you download anyone’s WhatsApp photo and video status to your device directly in a single tap.
GB WhatsApp, YoWhatsApp, FM WhatsApp as these have direct download option for status. We highly recommend you not to use them as they are not secure and may risky.
Instead, you can use the Status Saver apps like one we’ve mentioned in this tutorial. Here are the steps to download WhatsApp status using apps:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and completely view the status you want to save.
- Go to Play Store app on your smartphone and install the Sticker, Status Saver app.
- Once installed, open it and select the photos and videos status you want to download.
- Tap on the Download icon.
- Now the photos and videos will be downloaded to your phone.
You will now be able to see those status photos and videos on your phone’s gallery. If you want to access these downloaded status photos and videos via your file manager app, simply navigate to the folder – Internal Storage > Status Saver.
As previously stated, these status files are temporary files that will be deleted after 24 hours. Therefore, you must download or save those files within 24 hours, or they will be deleted.
Video on downloading WhatsApp status
Chandramohan is a tech geek who enjoys writing about the Internet of Things, social media, and emerging technologies. He is an MCA student at GG University in Chhattisgarh with a strong foundation in computer science.