It is much easier to take a screenshot in Windows 10, you can capture the entire screen by following some simple steps that we’ve mentioned in this article. It doesn’t matter which platform you are using, you can take screenshots easily whether you’re using Windows 7, 8, or Windows 10.
- You can take a screenshot manually using some keys
- Use Windows 10’s Gamebar to capture the screen
- You can copy the screenshot and paste anywhere
Sometimes it becomes necessary for us to capture and save whatever running on the computer screen, so you can take a screenshot to make an image of your computer/laptop screen. A couple of button combinations will help you get the job done.
You can use some application that takes screenshots for you easily or you can use default keys to take a snapshot which is established in Windows 10. Also, you can use the Gamebar Mode which is another interesting feature of Windows 10. These allow you to take a screenshot and save it to a folder.
There are different ways of taking screenshots on different platforms. For example, on MAC OS, you can press cmd + shift + 3 to take a screenshot of the entire screen and in Windows, you can simply press the Prt Scr button to take a screenshot.
Well, this guide will help you to take screenshots easily in Windows 10 or any platform.
How to Take a Screenshot in Windows 10
There are many ways to take a screenshot in Windows 10. You can use its in-built features that work great for basic tasks, but many third-party programs offer more ease of use and features.
Read More: How to Increase Internet speed in Airtel 4g.
How to take a screenshot of the entire screen in Windows 10
Here are two ways to take a full-screen screenshot in Windows 10:
- Press Windows key + Print Screen.
- Now go to the Pictures library on your computer by launching Explorer (Windows key + e) and in the left pane click Pictures.
- Open the Screenshots folder. (You’ll find your screenshot saved there with the numbers).
You can also just press Print Screen and press Ctrl + V anywhere to paste the captured images. For example, go to MS Paint and press Ctrl + V, your screenshot will be paste there. That’s how you can take a screenshot in Windows 10 and save it to any folder.
How to take a screenshot of the current window only
If you just want to take a screenshot of an application or window you’ve opened, follow these steps:
- Click on the app you want to take a screenshot. (Make sure it’s in the foreground and not behind other open apps)
- Press alt + Print Screen.
- Open MS Paint.
- Press ctrl + v.
- This will paste the screenshot of the open window in Paint. (You can save the screenshot anywhere you like)
Read More: How to use VPN in Windows 10.
How to take a screenshot of a part of the screen in Windows 10
You can take a screenshot of any specific part of the screen in Windows 10 via Snipping Tool. Follow these steps to take a screenshot of part of the screen in Windows 10:
- Open Snipping Tool. It’s under the Start menu > All programs > Accessories. You can the search box to find it.
- Now click the down arrow next to New.
- Select Rectangular Snip or Free-form Snip. The former lets you capture a rectangular screenshot and the latter lets you draw any shape on the screen and takes a screenshot of that part.
- Once you’ve done that, you can use the Snipping tool to annotate the screenshot if needed and save it to your PC.
How to take a screenshot via the Game Bar in Windows 10
Gamebar is another best way to take a screenshot in Windows 10, it is a pre-installed feature of Windows 10 that works great in terms of taking a screenshot or recording a screen.
To take a screenshot in Windows 10 via Gamebar Mode, just follow these steps:
- On your Windows 10 PC, press Windows key + G.
- Click the Camera button to take a screenshot. Once you open the game bar, you can also do this via Windows + Alt + Print Screen. You’ll see a notification that describes where the screenshot is saved.
That’s how to take screenshots on Windows. These are simple methods that let you capture the screen easily, so hopefully, these helped you as well.
Chandramohan is a tech geek who enjoys writing about the Internet of Things, social media, and emerging technologies. He is an MCA student at GG University in Chhattisgarh with a strong foundation in computer science.