Looking for an online dating app? Here are the 7 best dating apps in India.
The dating culture in India has grown rapidly in the last couple of years since technology has evolved all over India. The demand for this application in India has increased because of the evolution of technology. People are meeting each other on dating platforms and making relationships.
This all has been made possible because of digital growth. Dating apps were viewed negatively in the early stages of their development, but they are now common among teenagers. India has become the second largest place for dating platforms because of their increasing popularity.
People in metropolitan cities were the first to use dating apps, but this is now spreading to other parts of India. There are hundreds of dating applications available in India, but we have selected the 7 best dating apps in India, which offer great features to find relationships.
7 best dating apps in India 2022
These dating apps have free as well as premium versions. Free versions are used by most people in India but they come with limited features as compared to the paid version. If you get the premium version of the application, you will get more features. It completely depends on you and how effectively you use the app to make relations or friends on dating apps.
Tinder has started the online dating era in India. It is one of the leading and well-known names in the field of dating applications. It offers some great features for finding good people. It is used by millions of people in India. It has one of the most user-friendly interfaces that are simple to use, and we are all familiar with its swipe feature. The user interface is designed like a social media platform.
Tinder has a great algorithm to help you meet people who are located near you and find good people as per your preferences. It also gives features for mutual friends which is similar to Facebook’s mutual friend features. It is used mostly as the free version but if you go for the paid version, you will get more features. Overall, it is a great platform to find the people of your interest.
Tinder has both free and paid versions, but the features available in each are different. The paid versions include some additional features.
Tinder free version:
- Create the profile with the profile picture and bio
- See the profile of people
- Swipe Right to like and Swipe Left to pass a person
- Chat with the local member.
Tinder paid version:
- You can see the person who opens your profile
- Unlimited number of likes
- Control the ads on tinder
- Message to anyone without a match with another person.
- Have control of the profile
- Controlling messages and like on the profile
- Passport to any location
- User-friendly interface
- Great algorithm to find local and mutual friends
- Good performances and easy to use
- Fewer ads compared to other dating applications.
- Fake tinder profiles
Download: Tinder (Android), Tinder (iOS)
Bumble is one of the rising stars in the field of dating applications. It has grown rapidly in the last couple of years and is competing with the top dating applications such as Tinder. This app has improved features that will help you to find good people on the platforms.
You may have faced the fake profile feature on tinder but this application has resolved this problem through its identification process. No, you will not see any fake profiles on Bumble. It has the feature of video calling and also you will find the equal gender on this platform.
Bumble free version:
- Create a profile and add basic details
- Swipe through profiles
- Send messages to people
- Specific search preferences
- Video and audio call
- Question Game
Bumble paid version:
- Beeline features for checking who has liked your profile
- Unlimited filter options
- Swipe feature in private mode or Incognito mode
- Unlimited matches on profiles.
- Swipe feature in other countries
- SuperSwipes for five times a week
- Great features in the free version
- People can block or report fake or suspicious profile
- Good user interface
- Budget-friendly premium version
- People on this platform are not for serious relationships
Download: Bumble (Android)
Happen is another popular dating application that is used by millions of people in India. One of the major reasons for its popularity is because of its feature of finding people around you and this helps you to find the people which you know around you. It allows the users to use a unique timeline feature which helps people to find people on maps that are located near you.
Happn free version:
- Share crossing clusters
- Create a profile with all details
- Like the profiles
- Chat with peoples
Happn paid version:
- Get a notification for your favorite person
- Unlimited like features
- No ads at the time of using
- Calling Features
- Filter option to find good people
- Feature to find people near you
- Easy-to-use interface
- Difficult to find the perfect match
Download: Happn (Android), Happn (iOS)
This dating application is gaining attention amongst the people who use dating applications. It offers some good features in which you can try to find good people. People on this platform are good in comparison to the other platforms. It has a unique interface to the other platforms you will find on the market. You can like your profile as much as you want in the paid version of the app but its features in the free version are also good.
Hinge free version:
- Find the people using filter
- Like profiles pictures and Bio
- Create profiles and send messages
Hinge paid version:
- You can see people you liked you
- Feature of unlimited likes
- Advance preferences
- Easy to use
- Like profile pictures and bio
- Only allows following suggested people in the free version
Download: Hinge (Android)
Badoo is used by millions of people for its unique features which are offered by these playrooms. You will meet good people on this app and can make good friends and relations. It also allows you to activate the Invisible Mode with this feature you can use the application without being noticed by another person.
Badoo has come up with new capabilities and solutions which are not offered by other platforms of dating. Overall, this application can also be considered for finding genuine people.
Badoo free version:
- Find people by searching for people nearby
- Like or dislike the profile of someone
- Sending messages
- Encounter feature
Badoo paid version:
- You can see who has liked your profile
- Find someone who is near to you
- Activate Invisible mode
- Chat with a popular profile on the Badoo
- Feature of reversing votes
- Good reviews from users
- Genuine people for relationship
- User-friendly platforms
- Uniques features to find people
- Most of the good features available on the paid version
Download: Badoo (Android), Badoo (iOS)
OkCupid has also come as one of the leading dating applications for a couple of years because of its interface and features. It has also been recommended by users who have been using this platform. Its free features are good but you will find more features in the paid versions. You will get suggestions on this platform as per the location near you to find the perfect match. It offers a budget-friendly option for the premium version of this platform.
OkCupid free version:
- View matches on the app
- You can send and receive Likes and Intros
- Chat with people
- Create profiles and fill in other details
OkCupid paid version:
- See who has liked your profile
- Unlimited like or dislikes
- Great filters to find as per preference
- No advertisement on the paid version
- Location-based match on the app
- Easy-to-navigate interface
- Good features to finding people
- You will find a lot of advertisements
Download: OkCupid (Android), OkCupid (iOS)
TrulyMadly is known for its security feature and its easy-to-navigate features. It is not a popular dating application in India but its features and other things are comparable with other top leading platforms. These platforms are also used by millions of people and they have found their relationship. You can subscribe to this app and get good features to increase the chances of getting good friends or relationships. It has also recovered a good rating for this app.
- TrulyMadly free version
- Send messages or chat with the match
- Create your profile and update all the details
- Send connection as per your preferences
TrulyMadly paid version:
- Connecting with India or foreign profiles
- Play quizzes
- Like or dislike unlimited profiles
- Create trust scores,
- Not fake profiles
- Good features in the free version
- Play quizzes to find good relationships
- Costly paid version
Download: TrulyMad (Android), TrulyMad (iOS)
Dating apps FAQ
Which is the No 1 dating app in India?
As per the reviews and rating, Tinder is currently one of the top leading platforms for dating in India. It is one of the first apps which started online dating in India.
What is the most popular dating site in India?
Tinder and happens is used by millions of people in India and gained popularity for its features. These platforms have existed in India for a long period of time.
Is there any genuine dating app in India?
Happens and Bumble is a genuine platform where you can find good people. These apps also make sure not to have fake profiles.
Which dating app is completely free in India?
All the applications are free in India but you get paid versions of all the platforms. As all these apps exist to make business in India in this growing market.
The bottom lines
These are the top 7 best dating apps available in India. I highly recommend you to go for Happen and Tinder as they have good features and will efficiently help you meet people. There are various dating platforms available in the Indian market, but we have recommended ones that received positive user feedback and ratings.
You can start with the free version to find good results, but if you want to explore further, you can also check the paid versions. Purchasing the premium version will not result in a positive relationship. It is determined by your personality, profile picture, and the data you have uploaded. I hope you find a better partner or friend.
Chandramohan Rajput also known as CM is a content writer and video creator at Digital Bachat covering the latest technology and the Internet of Things. He is passionate about sharing internet and social media app stuff as well as assisting with detailed how-to guides.